[AISLE-Share] Author Autobiographies

Thu Oct 18 15:15:46 CDT 2018

My Life in Dog Years, as well as Woodsong, by Gary Paulsen
How to Die of Embarrassment by Ann Hodgman
Ugly by Robert Hoge
I Got This to Gold and Beyond by Laurie Hernandez
Of Beetles and Angels by Mawi Asgedom
Knucklehead by Jon Szieszka

Also, though probably not what you’re looking for, El Deafo by Cece Bell is semi-autobiographical.

From: aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> On Behalf Of Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 12:19 PM
To: aisle at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [AISLE-Share] Author Autobiographies

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a 6th teacher who is looking for middle-grade authors who have written an autobiography fo a project.  She has a list started but is looking for some new names to add to the list.

Beverly Cleary                   A Girl from Yamhill

Roald Dahl                                        Boy

Ralph Fletcher                    Marshfield Dreams

Peg Kehret                                         Small Steps

Lois Lowry                                        Looking Back
Walter Dean Myers           Bad Boy

Phyllis Reynolds Naylor How I Became A Writer

Gary Paulsen                                     Guts

Jerry Spinelli                                     Knots in My Yo-Yo String

Yoshiko Uchida                 The Invisible Thread

Jacqueline Woodson          Brown Girl Dreaming

Laurence Yep                                    The Lost Garden

Any suggestions of titles I could add to the list?  Anyone know of any new autobiographies?

Thank you!

-Ashey Rasmussen

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/w18xmJpmw3wMyiYtOYJJub6ZC2XaEtbSkrj4rq6LLE1FqbWlLb0RCx5kM5JwQMtwXXtaqR98YQUqg3i16uFPoKkF4leAjaobpuCvscFT5WenhXHElgsMQoPQxTGuSkWQYF7v03L8]

Ashley Rasmussen

Teacher-Librarian

Clarendon Hills Middle School

arasmussen at d181.org<mailto:arasmussen at d181.org>

I'm Reading<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/5126742?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>[Book Cover]<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/5126742?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_ptUq94mmKvq9-W0nJYoT5BDXYanPZf0h_0GCSnWhATrRK0GzGh0Rh0KOwTX7QkMS3c2sN7VYTWBS5AofAFCAkAM34ETesbqbE3mPqHXGI4oZFGYJ8SjP3Ydh6No0HMDiwCz9BQq]

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school district officials and staff are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure. Community Consolidated School District 181

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info