[AISLE-Share] Coding using Code.org

Fri Oct 19 12:11:38 CDT 2018

Bonnie, I strongly recommend taking Katie Lechowski's Code.org workshop!
It's free and I got so much out of it last year!

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:49 AM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> If anyone teaches coding for K-5 students using Code.org, I would love to
> visit your space and observe you in action.  This is my first year teaching
> library and coding and I'm looking for some fresh ideas to guide me along
> the way.
>
> If you are in the northwest suburbs and are open to this, please email me
> off list bchertok at rtsd26.org.
>
> Thank you!
> <bchertok at rtsd26.org>
>
> *BONNIE CHERTOK*
> Learning Resource Center Director
> Euclid Elementary School / River Trails School District 26
> 1211 N. Wheeling Rd.
> Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
> (224) 612-7474
> <http://www.rtsd26.org>
>

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 2:51 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
> School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> My high school principal would like to create a place in the school where
>> students can get assistance with homework, there is a staff member to
>> proctor tests, and interventions can be delivered. (Which left me saying--
>> "Ummm, isn't this what the library staff does everyday- though on an
>> informal basis?)
>>
>> I'm trying to convince him that the library is the best place for this to
>> occur. He's new to the district, and sadly not super supportive of the
>> library program.
>>
>> If you have a tutoring/intervention program housed in your library, can
>> you email me off list with a brief description of how it is run, what the
>> benefits/drawbacks are, and how those students are monitored/tracked? He
>> likes data, so I need to go in armed with lots of information.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Christy Semande
>> csemande at yahoo.com

> All e-mail correspondence together with any attachments to and from this
> address may be confidential and is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies
> of River Trails School District 26, which may result in monitoring and
> disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement. Any views or
> opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and might
> not represent those of River Trails School District 26. This e-mail is
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
> message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
> message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
> then delete it from your system.

*Mrs. Lura O'Phelan*
*Madison Librarian*
*Skokie/Morton Grove School District 69*
*5100 Madison St.*
*Skokie, IL 60077*
*(847)675-3048 x1183*

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info