[AISLE-Share] [External] copyright law experts please help!

Mon Oct 22 10:19:30 CDT 2018

https://www.copyright.gov/reports/studies/dmca/dmca_executive.html

This is interesting: https://kb.iu.edu/d/alik

*From:* aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:
aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] *On Behalf Of *Email list for the
Association of Illinois School Library Educators
*Sent:* Monday, October 22, 2018 9:51 AM
*To:* aisle at list.railslibraries.info
*Subject:* [External] [AISLE-Share] copyright law experts please help!

Can anyone point me to the specific law that says you can't upload ONE
digital file of an audiobook to your clasroom website so that multtple
students can access it at the same time?

We do have full classes listening to chapters of an audiobook at the same
time, which also feels like a gray area to me but it's the above idea
that's giving me the most issue.

Thank you!

Chris

cpulgar at npd117.net

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info

--
Please save trees. Print only when necessary.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records law. Most written
communications (including email) to or from school district officials and
staff are public records available to the public and media upon request.
Your email communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info