[AISLE-Share] AISLE membership

Tue Oct 23 20:12:16 CDT 2018

Well said, Becky, well said.  Looking forward to connecting with everyone
at convention.

Carolyn Kinsella, District Librarian
Minooka Community High School
ckinsella at mchs.net

Central Campus
301 S. Wabena Ave.
Minooka, IL  60447
PH: 815-467-2140 ext. 5040

South Campus
26655 West Eames
Channahon, IL 60410
PH:  815-521-4217

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 6:11 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Dear AISLE-Share List subscribers:
>
> I recently received a question that I thought was a great one and I wanted
> to share it with you all...and the answer too of course!
>
> What is my AISLE membership really paying for?
>
> Your membership in AISLE includes the following benefits:
>
> ·         An association newsletter, website, and online listserv
>
> ·         A fall conference designed to increase your expertise in the
> library and technology field
>
> ·         Discounts for conference and professional development
>
> ·         A new regional network to enhance CE and networking around the
> state via Chapters
>
> ·         Academic grants to enhance your book collection in non-fiction
> and Readers’ Choice book sets
>
> ·         A variety of scholarships for training and CE
>
> ·         Advocacy work to provide our students with quality library
> services
>
> ·         The newest professional standards—(ISAIL and Linking for
> Learning)
>
> ·         Webinars and mini conferences
>
> ·         Regularly scheduled Twitter “Chats”
>
> ·         And many more….
>

> I also want to add that being active in your professional organization
> connects you with other professionals around the state and the nation. As a
> group we are so much stronger!  AISLE is currently working on strengthening
> our role in education in Illinois through legislation .  This can only
> happen if we stick together and work towards what is best for our students.
> Please join and/or renew your membership to AISLE and become a leader in
> your school and your profession!
>
> I hope to see you all in Tinley Park next week for our annual conference.
> It is the event of the year for school librarians! Don't miss it!
>
> Becky Robinson
> AISLE Executive Secretary
> execsecretary at aisled.org

This
message originates from Minooka Community High School District #111. It
contains information that is confidential or privileged and is intended
only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone
else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All
personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be
attributed to MCHS District #111, and may not be copied or distributed
without this disclaimer. If you received this message by mistake, please
notify us immediately at 815-521-4017

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info