[AISLE-Share] Fundraisers

Wed Oct 31 16:47:38 CDT 2018

If you are looking for an easy fundraiser that has the potential to raise several thousand dollars for your School Library or your school, there is a group I belong to and we are doing an “Exotic Animal Expo Fundraiser”.  We come to your school and bring exotic animals and set up in your gymnasium.  We can also run mini animal talks during the 2 hour time period.  If you charge $5 for adult admission and $3 for kids and cap it at $20 per family, for 200 families  you would get $2K and our group would get $2K and we do all of the work.  Your school would only need to provide tables and space and some personnel to work the ticket booth and help with crowd control.  You could also run a book fair that evening, or sell other items, it’s up to you and your school.  It’s a 50/50 split, and most fundraisers only get you 25%.  Plus its only one evening for 2 hours (we could also do a Saturday for longer if necessary).  Plus you could charge more if you feel that your families would support a higher admission fee since it’s a fundraiser.

Our groups are “Animal Quest” https://animalquestinc.com/  Incrediblebats, Inc. http://incrediblebats.com/ and the Natural Naturalist  http://thenaturalnaturalist.blogspot.com/

If you are interested contact me at incrediblebats at gmail.com<mailto:incrediblebats at gmail.com>

Sharon Peterson

From: aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:08 PM
To: aisle at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: Re: [AISLE-Share] Fundraisers

I just started this year. We will be collecting used ink jet and toner cartridges. My principal approved that any money we receive (you can request a check), can be deposited into my book account to buy new books.

More info here: http://www.fundingfactory.com/

Sofía Huitrón
LRC Director, Grove Junior High School
847-472-3022 | huitron.sofia at ccsd59.org<mailto:huitron.sofia at ccsd59.org>
grove.ccsd59.org/lrc<http://grove.ccsd59.org/about/learning-resource-center/>

"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future." - Franklin D. Roosevelt