[AISLE-Share] Memoirs

Wed Sep 5 08:40:51 CDT 2018

Our seniors begin the year with a memoir unit, so I've tried to
continuously build up that collection.

Some of the titles that I book talk and/or get checked out most frequently:

* Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (current 2019 Lincoln Award nominee!) *
*Wave* by Sonali Deraniyagala
*Half a Life* by Darrin Strauss
*The Glass Castle* by Jeannette Walls
*Wild* by Cheryl Strayed
*Educated *by Tara Westover
*Let's Pretend This Never Happened* by Jenny Lawson
*My Bloody Life and Once a King Always a King* by Reymundo Sanchez
*When Breath Becomes Air* by Paul Kalanithi
*The Burn Journals* by Brent Runyon
*A List of Things That Didn't Kill Me* by Jason Schmidt
*A Life in Parts* by Bryan Cranston

Also, Derk (John) Backderf has 2 great graphic novel memoirs: *Trashed* and *My
Friend Dahmer*

If you're looking for more (subject or reading level specific), feel free
to e-mail me!

*Alyse Liebovich*
Librarian
Writers Week Coordinator
Unshelved (Book Club) Sponsor
Bartlett High School
(630) 372-4700 x4646
*Twitter:* @LibraryHawks

*Currently Reading:  * *The Wrong Way to Save Your Life: Essays* by Megan
Stielstra
                            *Thunderhead *by Neal Shusterman
                             *The Immortalists* by Chloe Benjamin

*Current Audiobook:** The Great Believers* by Rebecca Makkai

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Looking for memoir book recommendations for high school students.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> *Mrs. Lauren Schuler*
> District Librarian
> Ridgeview CUSD #19
> *309-723-6531 X3007*
>
> *Currently Reading: *
> [image: Image result for radium girls]

U-46 Privacy Disclaimer

This message, including any attachments, may
contain confidential information or proprietary information, and is
intended for the person / entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any
use by others is strictly prohibited.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info