[AISLE-Share] Recycle Weeded Books

Tue Sep 11 08:46:53 CDT 2018

I have had Discover Books<https://www.discoverbooks.com/Our-Program-How-It-Works-s/2516.htm> come pick up items two times now. I’m not sure their range, but I am in Central Illinois, and it’s hard to find someone to do this down here. This was our contact last year. You don’t even need to pack everything nicely in boxes. They dump everything in carts (like the massive laundry hampers hotels use) when they get to your school.

Grace Horvath, plant manager
430 Russell St, Hammond IN 46320
c (219) 688-7819
d (419) 578-6090 x401
ghorvath at discoverbooks.com<mailto:ghorvath at discoverbooks.com>

Lauren B. Ochs
Mahomet-Seymour High School Library
lochs at mscusd.org<mailto:lochs at mscusd.org>

AISLE Standards Function Rep.
standards at aisled.org<mailto:standards at aisled.org>

From: aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> On Behalf Of Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:35 AM
To: aisle at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [AISLE-Share] Recycle Weeded Books

Good Morning,

Does anyone know of a RELIABLE company that will actually come to the school and pick up used books? I am aware of several places to drop off books, but would make it a lot easier to have them picked up because of the quantity we have. I am in Dupage County.

--
Jennifer Brady
Library Director

This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq).  It may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail, permanently remove this message and any attachments thereto from your system, and destroy any hard copies thereof; do not disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information contained in this message or any attachments.  If you have any doubt as to the authenticity of this message or any attachment thereto, please contact the sender immediately.  Any copying, disclosure, distribution or other action taken or omitted to be taken with respect to an erroneously received or inauthentic message or attachment is prohibited. Communications sent or received by Community High School District 94 may be subject to inspection, copying, and disclosure under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info