[AISLE-Share] Primary Source database/resources for high schools

Wed Sep 12 09:38:51 CDT 2018

At Lincoln Middle School in Mount Prospect #57, we teach our students how
to use the Mt.Prospect Public Library's databases.  The majority of our
students use this public library.  We have a few students who are patrons
of the Arlington Heights Memorial Library & Des Plaines Public Library, so
we show them individually how to access the same databases at these public
libraries.

Our student population keeps surging but our tax base doesn't.
Collaborating with our public libraries is the only way we stay afloat!

 800+students+50 teachers to serve & 1 solo librarian with no
assistant=maximizing local resources

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am working with our Social Science teachers who are finding it difficult
> to locate Primary Sources within our available database. I'm wondering
> which databases or resources you have used to support your Social Science
> departments with Primary Source-based research. Any info is greatly
> appreciated! Thanks!
>

> ------------------------------
> Please save trees. Print only when necessary.
> ------------------------------
>
> E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
> law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school
> district officials and staff are public records available to the public and
> media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to
> public disclosure.

"Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?"
thedaringlibrarian.com

M.A. Educational Administration, Type 75
SLMS, Type 03 & Type 10
LRC Director, Lincoln Middle School

--
All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
Acceptable Use Policies of District 57, which may result in monitoring and

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info