[AISLE-Share] K-12 License Deficiency - Test

Tue Sep 18 09:17:14 CDT 2018

I also got the same deficiency letter. My original certificate is EL ED preK-9, with endorsements in ELA, Social Studies and Library.

I also have a MLIS.

Not real excited about taking a test either.

Sincerely,
Kendra Newton

From: aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:56 AM
To: aisle at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: Re: [AISLE-Share] K-12 License Deficiency - Test

I received a deficiency note also when trying to add the Library Media Endorsement.  I also paid $50, last April.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:aisle at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:
Hi, everyone.

I decided to go ahead and pay the $50 and add the K-12 endorsement. I just got a deficiency letter saying I have to take the test, which would cost another $122, which does not make me happy.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Note: My original certificate is for English Ed 6-12 and more, but I have my MLS and LIS endorsements for middle and high school.

I plan on contacting my ROE, but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks.
Michelle

--
Michelle Glatt
Librarian

Chiddix IMC calendar: http://tinyurl.com/chiddiximc
Evans IMC calendar: http://tinyurl.com/evansimc
U5JHS Book Trailers https://tinyurl.com/U5jhsyoutubechannel

Currently Reading<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/15153735?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[Book Cover]<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/15153735?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
[Goodreads Logo] <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature> Get your own email signature<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

“It is our belief that levels have no place in classroom libraries, in school libraries, in public libraries, or on report cards.” - Fountas and Pinnell Say Librarians Should Guide Readers by Interest, Not Level<http://www.slj.com/2017/10/literacy/fountas-pinnell-say-librarians-guide-readers-interest-not-level/>

Gail Komarek
Windsor LMC Director
gkomarek at sd25.org<mailto:gkomarek at sd25.org>
@windsorlmc
Windsor LMC<http://windsorlmc.weebly.com>

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1tmGU2Iy3c-aYd-Ffw8-fXcfCuKTeZpOA&revid=0ByhwdGIJlj5SN0JVUE1saFY0cjZ3M0xPZ3kxcHhrUmVDcmpjPQ][https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1IQajzm6d_BGjv3ZZLNL2O5uMW8E4aRU2&revid=0ByhwdGIJlj5SYzhHVEVBK0VGTUZiNkNHZHk0VTlDZWRmc0pjPQ]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info