[AISLE-Share] Happy book request

Wed Sep 19 08:49:05 CDT 2018

If you do audio books, I would highly recommend *The True Meaning of
Smekday* by Adam Rex.  I would laugh out loud driving to work early in the
morning before coffee (that's saying something).  Another great audio
is *Better
Nate Than Ever*, which is on the Caudill list this year.  Keeping with
audio, but going more YA, *Beauty Queens* by Libba Bray is another laugh
out loud funny book.

I hope you get your funny fix!
Kori
Kori Wentzloff
LLC Director
Edison Middle School
Wheaton, IL
(630) 682-2050 ex.6861
kori.wentzloff at cusd200.org
#EdisonPantherPride

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 8:28 AM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I am a big fan of Jack Gantos and dark humor.  Keep that mind as I
> recommend his book *Jack's Black Book. *It was laugh out loud funny.
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:38 PM, Email list for the Association of
> Illinois School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> I have read too many books lately about human suffering, tragedy, and
>> injustice. I need a happy book!! What was the last book you read that made
>> you feel good? Bonus points if it makes me laugh! 😁
>>
>>  I’m a jr high school librarian so middle grade level would be great, but
>> YA or adult is also good.
>>
>> Thank you!!
>> --
>> *Gretchen Broadus*
>> Lisle Junior High - LRC Director
>>
>> *"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
>> dimensions."* - Oliver Wendell Holmes
>>
>> This is a staff email account managed by Lisle Community Unit School
>> District 202.  This email and any files transmitted with it are
>> confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
>> whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
>> notify the sender.

> E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
> law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school
> district officials and staff are public records available to the public and
> media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to
> public disclosure. Community Consolidated School District 181

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately delete this message and any attachments.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info