[AISLE-Share] GEG Increasing Visibility Event focusing on Literature - 10/3

Sun Sep 30 21:31:03 CDT 2018

Hi All,
Here's a FREE event happening this week that may be of interest!

GEG Increasing Visibility focusing on Literature will be held on 10/3 from
6-7 at the Chinatown Branch of the Chicago Public Library. More info and
registration form available on the event website -
https://sites.google.com/view/geg-increasing-visibility/events?authuser=0
In addition to interesting content and networking, there are some awesome
author giveaways!

"Aimed at crowdsourcing resources that ensure students have positive
relationships with marginalized cultures, GEG Increasing Visibility events
bring educators together to share resources and talk with their peers. In
this session we will share literature representing diverse cultures
authored by someone who is a part of that culture. Come hear and share
examples of powerful literature published in the last two years that
feature positive depictions of marginalized communities. Build a resource
list and chat with other educators about how they use it effectively. Event
is open to all, translation available upon request. Chinatown Library is
ADA accessible. Oct. 3, 2018, 6:00-7:00, at the Chinatown Chicago Public
Library. 2100 S Wentworth Ave, Chicago, IL 60616"
I won't be able to make it, but I'd love to hear about it if you go,
Erin
--
Erin Wyatt, Ph.D.
Adjunct Faculty, SOIS at Dominican University

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info