[aisle] eBooks for All in Jeopardy for Libraries?

Lou Ann Jacobs louajcbs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:06:09 CDT 2019

Publishers are making it harder for libraries to provide ebooks to all
users. This is especially hard on schools with our limited budgets.
Publishers are charging more per copy and/or embargoing the purchase of
additional titles of new ebooks. No wonder publishers are seeing an
increase in bound copies as they make digital ones harder for libraries to
use.

ALA has a new website with information on this issue. More details are
below.

Lou Ann Jacobs
AISLE Legislative Advocate