[aisle] Novels in Spanish

Jara, Jeanette jjara6 at cps.edu
Tue Aug 6 13:11:21 CDT 2019

Hi Ericka,

I have some spanish translated novels for our ELLs for various titles. I am
not sure what vendor we use (the English teachers usually communicate with
the clerk to place the order), but publishers include Rayo and Debolsillo.
Maybe they will have the titles you need in spanish. Depending on the book,
I also sometimes have luck searching for online PDFs of the spanish
translation. Hope that helps!

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 11:29 AM Ericka Schilling via AISLE <

> Good morning all!
>   I have recently accepted a classroom position and am in need of some
> outside library sleuthing.  The curriculum has the kids reading novels and
> I know of at least 3 students who would benefit from reading them in
> Spanish.  The problem is that no matter where I look, I cannot find an
> Spanish version of "Touching Spirit Bear" by Ben Mikaelson, and the copies
> of "City of Ember" on Amazon are all over $70!  I no longer have access to
> Follett Titlewave, so I can't check if they have either title in Spanish.
>   Where do you get your Spanish-language materials?
> At this point, I don't care if it is audio or print copies; just having
> them in any format will be a win.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Ericka

*Jeanette Jara, M. A.*

After School Programs Coordinator & Library Assistant

Eric Solorio Academy High School <http://solorio.auslchicago.org/>

(773) 535-9070 ext. 13856