[aisle] Parent Permission for students to read "older" books

Kraft, Carolyn CarolynKraft at sd54.k12.il.us
Tue Aug 20 14:16:25 CDT 2019

I do something informal and simple.

We set the book aside and give the student 24 hrs. to bring in a note.
_____________ has my permission to check out ____________(title of book)___________ .
Signed by guardian

I don’t have an official form. I will provide the notebook paper if the student requests it. I keep the notes in a file. In 12 years I have only gotten 3 notes that say a child has permission to check out anything in my YA section. I have used Destiny note feature to note this so that even subs know the child has permission.

Carolyn