[aisle] Map Resources

Melanie Weigel weigelm at mtzschools.org
Fri Aug 23 11:07:15 CDT 2019

Good morning! I'm going to be collaborating on a 6th grade Social Studies
project. The teacher has asked if I would work with students on building
their map reading skills before they begin to study Otzi the Ice Man.
Ideally, she wants them to both feel comfortable reading a map and have a
more solid understanding of how its location (the Alps between Italy and
Austria) impacts the theories on how Otzi died.  I planned to show them
Google Earth as an overview, but I'm having a hard time deciding on a
super-engaging, hands-on kind of activity to go along with it.  Any
suggestions??

Thanks!

--
*M**el**anie Weigel*