[aisle] Fwd: Library Media Specialist (Anticipated) - Orland School District 135
akuzminski at orland135.org
Mon Jul 8 10:00:49 CDT 2019
Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! My
district has just posted an anticipated Library Media Specialist position.
We are a district of 10 buildings in Orland Park that serve EC - 8th
grade. If you or anyone you know are interested, please apply!
*Library Media Specialist*
Orland Junior High School
Orland Park, IL
*No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, but a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.*
* - Neil DeGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist*
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: sowens at orland135.org (Suzanne Owens) <MailBot at aspexsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 9:47 AM
Subject: Library Media Specialist (Anticipated) - Orland School District 135
To: <D135everyone at orland135.org>
Orland School District 135 has a vacancy for your consideration. Please
find the details below.
Library Media Specialist (Anticipated) *Apply Online*
Category: *Teacher/Library Information Specialist*
Date Posted: *7/3/2019*
Location: *To Be Determined*
Date of Availability: *08/19/2019*
Date Closing: *07/27/2019*
*Supervisor:* Principal and Assistant Principal
*Salary:* Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
*Work Year:* School Year
*Summary:* Under the general supervision of the Principal and Assistant
Principal, assist students, and teaching staff with an enriching
library/media center environment with a wide range of reading and other
educational materials; maintains library collection at school site;
develops appropriate programs for students utilizing library resources; and
instructs students and others on the proper use of the library resources.
*Qualifications / Experience*
*Educational and/or work experience*
1. ISBE PEL in Library Information Specialist K-12, required.
2. ISBE PEL additional endorsement, preferred
3. Previous library information specialists, preferably in an
educational setting, preferred
4. Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning
5. Experience with the use of data information systems, data analysis
and the formulation of action plans.
6. Ability to use computer network system and software applications as
7. Demonstrates the ability to organize and coordinate work.
8. Practices effective communication with staff, students and parents.
9. Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and
10. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
with others contacted in the course of work.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
1. Plan and administer the school media program.
2. Work with administrative staff in planning ways to enrich the
3. Maintain lines of communication with administration and faculty;
consulting them frequently to obtain input on how to improve the services
provided by the media center.
4. Provide input on media center program policies and implement accepted
5. Work with the curriculum department to coordinate the school media
program with other district media centers and libraries, the public
library, and other agencies in the community.
6. Work as a member of appropriate curriculum committees, textbook
committees, and other advisory groups.
7. Develop and present budget requests for the school program, in
coordination with the administration, the faculty, media center staff, and
district media personnel.
8. Provide staff development programs for faculty.
9. Assist in formulating a media selection policy that is in accordance
with district policy.
10. Coordinate the selection, organization, and distribution of media
center materials and equipment.
11. Develop a climate that encourages students and faculty members to
take full advantage of the media center and its resources.
12. Use input from faculty to coordinate media center activities with
classroom activities in order to supplement the instructional program so
that it meets and extends curricular objectives.
13. Develop a sequential program of library science for all grades.
14. Provide reading, viewing, and listening guidance to meet the needs
of the media center users.
15. Evaluate the collection and making appropriate changes to provide
materials for the varied interest and ability levels present in the school.
16. Plan and implement listening and viewing centers for independent
student use of non-print materials.
17. Keep the collection of materials in a well-organized manner.
18. Operate and supervise the media enter.
19. Evaluate, select and requisition appropriate books, aids and other
supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
20. Assist students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through
the interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other
pertinent data, and works with students in developing education and
occupation plans consistent with such evaluation.
21. Coordinate with administrators and other teaching staff members to
assist in the selection of books and other instructional materials; keeps
students and teaching staff informed regarding new acquisitions for use in
the media center.
22. Serve as resource to students to provide research assistance.
23. Maintain a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloguing all
media center materials; assists students and teachers with the use of the
24. Coordinate system of lending library material to students and
25. Acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in
the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional
meetings, or by conducting research.
26. Organize and maintains a system for accurate and complete
record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges
and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
27. Encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensures
effective communication with students and parents.
28. Ensure that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and
school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of
student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the
29. Participate in lessons with classroom teachers.
30. Develop and arranges media center displays.
31. Assist with the preparation and administration of the media center
32. Train and supervises media center support employees.
*Apply: *Applicants should complete the online application and upload all
supplementary materials electronically. Hard-copy materials are not
accepted. The online application may be accessed by visiting our website:
*We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal
access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, or disability.*
*Orland School District 135* uses the applicant tracking
from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISLE