[aisle] Opening on RAILS Board for School Library Staff Member

Mary Witt mary.witt at railslibraries.info
Wed Jul 10 08:47:42 CDT 2019

Due to a recent resignation from our board, RAILS is looking for a staff member from a RAILS school library to fill the remainder of a term that ends June 30, 2020. This is a very important position, as one of our goals for the current fiscal year is to advocate more strongly for school libraries and to help them with the many challenges they are facing.

We will look to the successful candidate to help keep us up-to-date on the issues affecting school libraries and to provide advice on how RAILS can help with these issues. We will also look to this person to make sure other school library members are aware of all the programs/services RAILS has to offer.

The person in this position will be asked to actively participate in 11 board meetings per year, either in person or at an available RAILS videoconference location<https://www.railslibraries.info/about/vc-locations>. See the RAILS Board Member Job Description<https://www.railslibraries.info/board/board-jobs> on our website for more information on duties and requirements.

If you work at a RAILS school library and are interested in this position, please complete this form<https://www.railslibraries.info/board/vacancy-2019> by Wednesday, July 24. The RAILS Board will interview candidates and make a selection. We would like to fill the seat as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary Witt
Communications Director