[aisle] #metoo - navigating and teaching with books about sexual assault

Paula Wyatt plwyatt at cps.edu
Sun Jul 21 21:28:27 CDT 2019

Curious to see if anyone responds to this. I was once in a PD through Chicago Humanities.  There was a woman from CPS  there who spoke about books we present can open up someone, but as teachers we have a responsibility to close them as well.  That was gist... she said it much more eloquently.

I would like to know more about how others close a discussion on topics that are emotional and a potential trigger.  How do they prepare.  What are some guidelines etc.

Please share what you hear back from others.

Paula

Sent from my iPhone