[aisle] #metoo - navigating and teaching with books about sexual assault

Thorstenson, Kara klthorstenson at cps.edu
Mon Jul 22 14:11:37 CDT 2019

As a follow up, how does your library/ELA department/district handle issues
related to accusations, accounts or convictions of authors committing acts
of sexual abuse or harassment? If an author is in the news but it is an
allegation, is that treated differently than a conviction in court? How are
authors who in their time were above the line but who may now have
tarnished reputations treated?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, ideas, and contributions in
advance. Please don't feel that you or your district need to have all the
answers in order to respond!

Kara