[aisle] copyright question for the group

Christie C christiechandlerstahl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 12:01:11 CDT 2019

I used to run a reader’s theatre program in a public library. What I found
is that some titles are protected by the publisher and some by the author.
I usually started with the publisher, which authors often prefer. We did
small-time public performances and were not selling anything.

 Best,
Christie Chandler-Stahl
RC Director
Greeley Elementary School

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:17 AM Rademacher, Kristen via AISLE <

> Good morning.
>
> I am wondering about a copyright snag. I have a teacher who has
> painstakingly created fantastic kids theater scripts based on children’s
> stories that are far more than just a script. They include a whole social
> justice component and a curriculum. All her curriculum is original and many
> of the stories she used she chose from open source or creative commons
> source so she would not run into copy right problems. But a few stories
> that she really adores are copyright protected. How can she go about
> getting permission to base her play and curriculum off of a story like *Tuff
> Fluff* or *Old Turtle*? I am looking at author’s webpages for contacts
> but am not sure if she needs to contact the author or the publisher in this
> case. Any ideas from the collective mind?
>

> She hopes to sell these plays and curriculum to other schools and
> children’s theater schools so she will definitely need permission and to
> pay whatever fees are associated. Thanks in advance for advice or help.
>

> *Kristen Rademacher*
>
> *Librarian*
>
> *1 Book 1 Marist Director*
>
> *Marist High School <http://www.marist.net/academics/arclibrary/>*