[aisle] Share Your Library’s Story for New RAILS Website

Dan Bostrom dan.bostrom at railslibraries.info
Thu Jun 6 08:02:56 CDT 2019

The RAILS’ My Library Is… campaign, is designed to help our members tell their stories and promote their value to different stakeholders, including library users, potential users, parent institutions, governing boards, funders, colleagues, elected officials, and other stakeholders. The campaign is in response to numerous requests for this type of assistance from all sizes and types of RAILS libraries.

We plan to launch a campaign website in June, and we need your help! A major feature of the website will be the chance for members to share best practices and ideas that other libraries can use/imitate to tell their stories. We would like to have member content available to share when the website launches. We are especially looking for:

·         Library Stories – share any stories (a brief paragraph is fine) about successful efforts to promote your library

·         Plans/Campaigns – share Word or PDF templates for marketing plans or campaigns

·         Talking Points – share brief sentences you have used to promote the library or a specific program/service

·         Printables – share Word, PDF, or website links of print materials (flyers, brochures, bookmarks, etc.) that you have used to promote your library or libraries in general

·         Videos – share links to videos you have used to promote your library

·         Press Releases – share an example of a press release you have used to promote the library

·         Social Media Posts – share a post from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. that worked for you

Please send your items to communications at railslibraries.info. You will be able to share items directly to the website after it launches. As mentioned above, we want to have content available at the launch. Thanks in advance for anything you can contribute!

Dan

Dan Bostrom
Member Engagement Manager
Reaching Across Illinois Library System