[aisle] Totally off subject

Marie Gatz gatz1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 14 22:00:17 CDT 2019

I would say you are correct..that is how I learned it in the '80s and '90s. I used to have to correct my own children all the time...in fact one summer we had a push up challenge if they used it wrong.  Do you actually think teachers are teaching it wrong? I assumed with my own kids that the "me centric" world just supported their misuse and it just wasn't corrected at school.My kids used to always say, "Me and Amy went to the store." I would ask them if they would say "Me went to the store" and of course they said that sounded wrong...so the same concept you are making. It was a fun summer of push ups, but my 4 called each other out all the time and we eventually got everyone on board when to use me/I. We got a few looks though with the random places they did push ups...working the grammar and health that summer!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 9:42 PM, Donna Miner via AISLE<aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:   Hi, I'm kind of a grammar nut and I need to know if “they” are teaching the I or me wording differently than I learned it back in the 60’s and 70’s.
I learned if you use it in a sentence singularly, you use it with more than one. Examples:
I went to the store/Tom and I went to the store.
Could you make me a sandwich?/ Could you make Mary and me a sandwich?

I hope it’s ok to ask this on this list serve. It is driving me crazy! I mean teachers are using the I and me wrong (according to me)!!!
Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone
MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info