[aisle] End of Year Book Return

Taryn Parise taryn.parise at cusd200.org
Thu May 16 11:06:32 CDT 2019

I used to work at a school that did the mile run on a single day for every
class.  I promised that I would run the mile with any class that got all
their books returned.  It motivated the kids and I didn't have to spend a
dime.  I couldn't pull that off now, but I do like using silly stunts as
incentives. I once spent an entire day on a scooter in the building.

Taryn Hettlinger Parise
Library Learning Center Director
Longfellow School
*Follow us on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram
(@longfellow_library)*

*Currently Reading: Far Away by Lisa Graff*

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 11:00 AM Jennifer Shugrue via AISLE <

> I have a "Congratulations" type sign that I put up outside the classroom
> doors once all the kids in that class return all books. The kids get so
> excited when their class gets their sign - and I think the teachers like
> seeing it, too! It's nothing huge, but it is exciting for the students.
> Especially exciting to whichever class gets the first sign!
>
> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 10:53 AM Lauren Schuler via AISLE <
>
>> At the elementary level, does anyone give out incentives to classrooms as
>> a whole who have returned all of their library books? Ideas are welcome!
>>

>> --
>> *Mrs. Lauren Schuler*
>> District Librarian
>> Ridgeview CUSD #19
>> *309-723-6531 X3007*
>>
>> *Currently Reading: *
>> [image: Image result for thunderhead book]
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> *Jennifer Shugrue*
> *Sheridan Grade School Library*
> *jshugrue at unit2.net <jshugrue at unit2.net>*
> *815-496-2002*
>
> This transmission is restricted for use by the intended recipient(s) only.
> It may contain confidential and/or privileged information exempt from
> disclosure under federal or state law. In the event some other person or
> entity receives this transmission, said recipient is hereby notified that
> any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this transmission or its
> contents is prohibited. If you should receive this transmission in error,
> please notify the original sender by reply email, delete this transmission
> and related contents from your system, and destroy any hard copies of this
> transmission. Thank you. Serena Community Unit School District 2, Serena, IL

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately delete this message and any attachments.