[aisle] End of Year Book Return

Kraft, Carolyn CarolynKraft at sd54.k12.il.us
Thu May 16 11:14:52 CDT 2019

This may not be popular but I don’t give incentives. The kids who are the last to turn things in are often those who don’t have much/any support at home. On top of it the kids who have support look down on them for causing the class to not get the reward. In some cases the child wishes the family could pay for a replacement but the family is not able to do so.

I do thank all the kids for turning books in, take the time to talk with those missing books (in a caring way) about where they might find the book. Where do they remember seeing it? Should we call home and leave a message so they remember to look for the book? Can a friend help them go through the locker or desk?

Just my 2 cents, respecftfully,
Carolyn