[aisle] Should it stay or should it go?

Melissa Lambert loydmeli at gmail.com
Thu May 16 12:09:50 CDT 2019

Hi All,

A teacher wants me to discard a book. *Jackie Robinson: A Life of Courage*
by Kieth Brandt (1992). There is a page that recounts a time during
Robinson's life when he was called a nigger, see below quote. I'm inclined
to keep it. What do you think? We also have an extensive reconsideration
policy and procedure.

"When he was 8 years old, his mother sent him out to sweep the sidewalk. A
little girl across the street started shouting, "nigger, nigger, nigger!".
Jackie was hurt. he shouted back, "You're nothing but a cracker!"