[aisle] vinyl for walls

Wilson, Butch bwilson at cpher99.org
Tue May 28 18:23:21 CDT 2019

I'm also worried about it sticking. Cinderblock has not only heat
variations but humidity/moisture gets in behind the vinyl.  Perhaps taking
some thin Luan or other paneling-style wood and cut out what you are
wanting to hang, then you can vinyl that wood -- let's you more easily keep
any color patterns, etc.  #justmy2cts

Butch Wilson
Technology Director
Christopher #99 School District
618-724-2631 (Elementary)
(618) 724-9461 (High School)

MCSE/MCSA/Security+/
Google Education Trainer
Google Certified Associate - G Suite Administrator

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 11:45 AM Seren Conner via AISLE <

> removable vinyl might not stay on the cinder block because of the temper
> variations.  We have had problems with it sticking long term.  Oracle 651
> is permanent but I have read that If you heat the vinyl up with a blow
> dryer it will come off.  Brilliant Vinyl (brilliant vinyl.com) is the
> cheapest place to get vinyl that I have found and they ship quickly!
>
> Seren Conner, Ms.Ed.
> Teacher-Librarian
> Carbondale Middle School
> serenc at yahoo.com
> sconner at ces95.org
>

> On Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 11:19:29 AM CDT, Margo Newtown via AISLE <
>

> I would love this info, too!
>
> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 11:05 AM Lauren Ochs via AISLE <
>
> Hi all,
>

> I am planning a summer project and would love some advice. I want to put
> vinyl letters on a painted cinder block wall to make a sign to designate
> our makerspace. If you’ve done this, could you recommend a type vinyl to
> use? I already have a Cricut that I’m bringing from home and some Cricut
> brand transfer tape. It’s going high up where it won’t be touched or
> brushed up against, so I was wondering if removable vinyl would be okay in
> case I want to change it or in case we eventually need to repaint in the
> future. I would like the sign to be matte black vinyl, but since I’m new to
> the vinyl game, I want to make sure I do it the right way.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Ms. Lauren B. Ochs
>
> Mahomet-Seymour High School Library
>
> lochs at mscusd.org
>

> AISLE Standards Function Rep.
>
> standards at aisled.org
>

> *Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for
> the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic
> Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information
> that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of
> applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. *

> Margo Newtown
> Sheridan School Librarian
> 847-615-6078
> @SHlightbulblab
> *LIBRARY TAGLINE: Empowering Lifelong Readers as Learners*

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email (and/or the documents
accompanying such) may contain privileged/confidential information. Such
information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity above.
If you are not the named or intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of such information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the
sender by telephone to arrange for the secure return of the document.