[aisle] HS reads with no profanity

Kori Wentzloff kori.wentzloff at cusd200.org
Thu Nov 7 07:52:55 CST 2019

Not a suggestion of a book, but a place to check if a book includes any
profanity:   https://kissthebook.blogspot.com/

Someone shared this site at a conference once and I love looking to see if
a book might be too mature for my middle school readers.  Of course, it
doesn't have *every* book, but it does have quite a few!  They look at
language, violence and "mature content".

Kori Wentzloff
LLC Director
Edison Middle School
Wheaton, IL
(630) 682-2050 ex.6861
kori.wentzloff at cusd200.org
#EdisonPantherPride

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 8:56 AM Jane Harper via AISLE <

> I'd suggest Renee Watson's wonderful title, Piecing Me Together.
>

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 2:48 PM brookefleuette--- via AISLE <
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a high school student who is requesting books with absolutely no
>> profanity.  Can anyone suggest titles and authors for me?  I looked at
>> Follett's "gentle reads" section, but found that some of their suggestions
>> still had swear words, and this student will return a book as soon as she
>> comes across one.  Thanks for any help you can give me.
>>
>> Brooke Fleuette
>> Mercer County High School
>>
>> Currently reading: On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
>> Currently listening to: Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Jane Harper
> School Librarian
> IB Extended Essay Coordinator
> Friends of the Library Co-Sponsor
> Homewood-Flossmoor High School
> 999 Kedzie Avenue
> Flossmoor, IL  60422
> 708-335-5566

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately delete this message and any attachments.