[aisle] Prof Development Opportunity - Friday, December 6

Georgeann Burch georgeannb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:30:33 CST 2019

Q:  What's better than a half-day professional development workshop
specifically planned for school librarians?
A:  A  half-day professional development workshop specifically planned for
school librarians that is FREE!

Join your colleagues at the RAILS office in Burr Ridge on Friday, December
6 for "Communicate to Educate."  The dynamic duo of Georgeann Burch and
Ruth Shasteen will be leading the discussion around the following topics:

-How can we use research to communicate the benefits of a school
library/librarian?
-What is the collaborative role of school librarians and administrators in
creating a culture of learning?
-What is an effective school library? How do I communicate value to
stake-holders?
-How can I use Linking For Learning, 4th edition, to positively impact my
school library and make a growth plan that I can share with stakeholders?

*Details and registration are
at: https://www.librarylearning.info/events/?eventID=30042
<https://www.librarylearning.info/events/?eventID=30042> *

PDH Credits: 3.5
Register by: 11/30/2019 - you do not have to be a RAILS member to attend
There will be a short pre-class reading assignment.

IMPORTANT: Each participant will need a copy of Linking For Learning, 4th
edition. If you do not have a copy of Linking For Learning you can purchase
one from AISLE before December 6 or you can purchase the day of the
workshop for $30. Only credit card payments will be accepted.

*You know you want to be there, so put in your request for leave as soon as
you can. 😀*