[aisle] It's NOT too late to register for...

Georgeann Burch georgeannb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 14:40:16 CST 2019

"Communicate to Educate" - a professional development workshop, sponsored
by RAILS for any interested school librarian in Illinois.  This 3.5 hour
workshop ((9:30am. - 1:00pm) is being offered FREE of charge and will be
held at the RAILS office in Burr Ridge on *Friday, December 6*.
Registration closes on November 30, so plan to finish 2019 with 3.5 PDH and
start 2020 with an Action Plan that includes how to communicate your value
to your school community's stakeholders.

Here's what we'll be exploring:

-How can we use research to communicate the benefits of a school
library/librarian?
-What is the collaborative role of school librarians and administrators in
creating a culture of learning?
-What is an effective school library? How do I communicate value to
stake-holders?
-How can I use Linking For Learning, 4th edition, to positively impact my
school library and make a growth plan that I can share with stakeholders?

Details and registration are at:
https://www.librarylearning.info/events/?eventID=30042

There will be a short pre-class reading assignment.
Presenters:  Georgeann Burch & Ruth Shasteen

*IMPORTANT:* Each participant is required to have a copy of Linking For
Learning, 4th edition. If you do not already have a copy of Linking For
Learning you can purchase one from AISLE before December 6 or you can
purchase the day of the workshop for $30. Only credit card payments will be
accepted on-site.