[aisle] STEAM activities connected with literature

Kathy Kibitlewski bkkibs at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 05:17:12 CDT 2019

Thank you!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 4:11 AM, Michelle Harris via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

There is GREAT pair of books called Picture-Perfect STEM Lessons, K-2 and Picture-Perfect STEM Lessons, 3-5 by Emily Morgan and Karen Ansberry (NSTA Press) that are sub-titled Using Children's Books to Inspire STEM Learning. (Same authors for Picture-Perfect Science Lessons)
Each chapter (and there are 15) introduces 2 STEM-based picture books (usually one fiction and one non-fiction) and then includes 5 lessons  with STEM activities that can accompany those books. They're all connected to standards, include teacher background info and materials lists, follow the design process, etc.Highly recommended!  Buy them or inter-library loan them!
Michelle HarrisHeyworth CUSD #4