[aisle] TouchCast - Student Lead Broadcasts

Taryn Parise taryn.parise at cusd200.org
Wed Oct 2 09:01:03 CDT 2019

We use WeVideo for our student newscasts.  While it is not free, it has so
many extra features to it that I could not do without it anymore.

One a related question- what mics do you use with your iPads? I have one
iRig adapter that I use but I need something else.

Taryn Hettlinger Parise
Library Learning Center Director
Longfellow School
*Follow us on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram
(@longfellow_library)*

*Currently Reading: Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti
Bowling*

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 4:03 PM Tim Yoder via AISLE <

> I just started using Touchcast this year. I upload my videos to my school
> YouTube channel then share the link to my staff for them to show their
> classes at their leisure.
>
> I do not use a teleprompter app. I simply print out my scripts and have a
> student hold them by the iPad I use to videotape.
>
> I am in a K-4 building and only have a team of 3 fourth graders for my
> broadcast team.
>
> It works well. I just ordered two different kinds of mics to use since the
> iPad mic is garbage.
>
> On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 3:39 PM Kelly Davis via AISLE <
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> My colleagues and I have been using TouchCast for the past 3 years for
>> our weekly student lead newscast. Last spring we started having issues with
>> the software, and now it is not allowing us to upload our broadcast to
>> their "cloud" area, "TouchCast Fabric". The customer support has been
>> almost non-existent. We keep emailing them, and they respond asking for
>> more screenshots. Bottom line is that I am ready to drop them and look for
>> other solutions.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the product. Can
>> you share?
>>
>> What tools do you use to create student broadcasts?
>>
>> Do you have a teleprompter app?
>>
>> Thank you for any help you can provide!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Kelly Davis
>> Learning Resource Center Director
>> Cossitt Avenue School
>> 708-215-6218
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately delete this message and any attachments.