[aisle] Parent Teacher Conferences

Monica Fumarolo mfumarolo at d101.org
Thu Oct 3 08:19:55 CDT 2019

I have a handout each year of the most popular titles that students are
checking out, along with book recommendations in different genres. For
parents whose students are already readers as well as those whose students
are less enthusiastic, they like having a place to start for potential
titles to bring home (especially since our conferences are right before
Thanksgiving and the holiday season is right around the corner). Our social
media accounts are also included, and I've found parents love seeing the
opportunities the library offers because news of them doesn't always make
it all the way home.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 7:55 AM Drumm, Erica via AISLE <

> I've never gotten my act together (parent teacher conferences today!) but
> I've considered inviting parents to select a book for their child that they
> think s/he would like. I would then check it out to the student and deliver
> the book to their English class with a parent note.
>

> On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 7:40 AM Rigano, Kristen via AISLE <
>
>> Good afternoon,
>>

>> Parent Teacher conferences are quickly coming up and we are looking to
>> revamp how the library is represented. Conferences are held in the field
>> house with all of the teachers at their own tables meeting with parents.
>> The library has two tables in the middle near the parent waiting area. We
>> are looking to entice parents over to our table, get them excited about the
>> library, and share our resources. Any ideas on how we can better engage
>> parents?
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Kristen Rigano
>>

>> Lyons Township High School
>>
>> South Campus
>>
>> *Please save trees. Print only when necessary.*
>>
>> *E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This email communication is considered
>> a public record and is subject to public disclosure. However, this message
>> and any attachments may contain information protected by state and/or
>> federal law for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
>> intended recipient, please note that any unauthorized review, disclosure,
>> distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
>> and destroy all copies of the message.
>>
>> *E-MAIL ABUSE REPORTING:* If you would like to report an inappropriate
>> message that was sent to you, or if you do not wish to receive additional
>> messages from this sender, please send your report / request to spam-report
>> at lths.net
>>   ­­
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Erica Drumm
> Librarian
> York Community High School

Monica Fumarolo, MSLIS
LLC Director, Librarian
Yearbook Advisor
McClure Junior High School
4225 Wolf Rd., Western Springs, IL 60558

--
This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is