[aisle] Clean YA Romance/Realistic Fiction

Monica Fumarolo mfumarolo at d101.org
Thu Oct 3 09:26:10 CDT 2019

With Lola, nothing is shown on the page but she talks about the fact that
she's sleeping with her older boyfriend. Kasie West tends to be pretty
clean if I remember, though I'll admit it's been a while. I'd also
recommend the two short story collections Stephanie Perkins has edited - My
True Love Gave to Me and Summer Days, Summer Nights, the collection Meet
Cute, Rainbow Rowell's collection Almost Midnight (only 2 stories, very
cute), and Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 9:12 AM Kari S via AISLE <

> I haven't had a chance to read that one yet. I thought I remembered Lola
> and the Boy Next Door being clean but I am worried I'm remembering
> incorrectly. Also, She is okay with fantasy she says -- I thought I'd
> recommended one to her and she'd balked but guess not.
>
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 08:09, Christi Shaner <cshaner at glenbrook225.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Anna and the French Kiss?
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 9:07 AM Kari S via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello brain trust! I need some recs for a student who wants Clean, YA
>>> romance and/or realistic fiction. Not fantasy and not historical fiction.
>>>
>>> Specifically Modern, realistic clean romance.
>>>

>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Kari Stevenson*
>>>
>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>

>> --
>> Christi Shaner
>> Head Librarian
>> Glenbrook South High School
>> Glenview, IL 60026
>> 847-486-4565
>>

> --
> *Kari Stevenson*

Monica Fumarolo, MSLIS
LLC Director, Librarian
Yearbook Advisor
McClure Junior High School
4225 Wolf Rd., Western Springs, IL 60558

--
This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is