[aisle] Perfectly Norman in Google Classroom Activity

Neha Thakkar nehathakkar114 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 08:10:43 CDT 2019

Hi all!

Happy Friday! In K-2 we are reading the 20 Monarch books and as I'm now
teaching computers we're doing different activities that incorporate the
book into computer lessons. I thought it might be helpful to other
librarians! Here is what I did for Perfectly Norman.

I posted the assignment in Google Classroom, with these directions:

Read the Perfectly Me Instructions slides.
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18KsrRuXYkgW6cpZMqHiW_8TOBj1TGH2eCPeQl2fg1Z4/edit?usp=sharing>

Insert your picture from the Google Drive folder.
Insert feather shapes from the shapes tool.
Add adjectives to your feathers.
Add more feathers if you would like.
Change the shape fill to bright colors like in the book.
Put them around you to make your own perfectly me that shares what makes
you special.

I provided this link for the kids to have a list of adjectives:
https://www.enchantedlearning.com/wordlist/adjectivesforpeople.shtml

This is the Perfectly Me Google Drawing: -is perfect
<https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Lphvd6Hyh0J_9gN6KKbzch7zX3_91HFgNn4iheBPyfs/edit?usp=sharing>

They came out really cute and we put them up on our bulletin board.

Please let me know if you have any questions! =)

Hope this helps!

Keep reading!
Neha Thakkar   M.Ed, MLIS
nehathakkar114 at gmail.com