[aisle] Help requested - Collection development policy

Thorstenson, Kara klthorstenson at cps.edu
Tue Oct 29 12:25:38 CDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I am updating our district's collection development policy and before I
take it to the school board, I could really use your expertise and guidance
in the areas of classroom libraries, digital subscriptions and managing
donations. I would love to have the opportunity to read your school or
district's policy if you can email it to me, or send me a link to it on
your district's site, at KLThorstenson at cps.edu. Below are some specifics
but I would love to read anything I can get my hands on!

1. If your district's school library collection development policy is a
formal, school board-approved policy, can you please share it with me,
especially if it was relatively recently updated?

2. If your school or district's classroom libraries have any guidance
documentation or, even better, their own type of "collection development
policy," can you please share it?

3. If you, the school librarian or library administrator, have provided
guidance to teachers around classroom library development, or assistance to
teachers about developing strong classroom libraries, I would love to learn
more about that as well.

Sincerely,
Kara

--
*Kara Thorstenson*
Director of Libraries and Instructional Technology

office: 773-553-2523
mobile: 773-255-3518

Explore the CPS Virtual Library and Databases Here <http://library.cps.edu>