[aisle] Help requested - Collection development policy

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Tue Oct 29 13:24:56 CDT 2019

Our District adopted the ALA recommended policy.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 12:48 PM Michelle Harris via AISLE <

> RAILS Library System has some great resources on their website:
> https://www.railslibraries.info/membership/library-policies-index
>

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 12:26 PM Thorstenson, Kara via AISLE <
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am updating our district's collection development policy and before I
>> take it to the school board, I could really use your expertise and guidance
>> in the areas of classroom libraries, digital subscriptions and managing
>> donations. I would love to have the opportunity to read your school or
>> district's policy if you can email it to me, or send me a link to it on
>> your district's site, at KLThorstenson at cps.edu. Below are some specifics
>> but I would love to read anything I can get my hands on!
>>
>> 1. If your district's school library collection development policy is a
>> formal, school board-approved policy, can you please share it with me,
>> especially if it was relatively recently updated?
>>
>> 2. If your school or district's classroom libraries have any guidance
>> documentation or, even better, their own type of "collection development
>> policy," can you please share it?
>>
>> 3. If you, the school librarian or library administrator, have provided
>> guidance to teachers around classroom library development, or assistance to
>> teachers about developing strong classroom libraries, I would love to learn
>> more about that as well.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Kara
>>
>> --
>> *Kara Thorstenson*
>> Director of Libraries and Instructional Technology
>> Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Digital Learning
>> Chicago Public Schools
>> 42 W Madison St.
>> Chicago, IL 60602
>>
>> office: 773-553-2523
>> mobile: 773-255-3518
>>
>> Explore the CPS Virtual Library and Databases Here
>> <http://library.cps.edu>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Michelle Harris
> District Librarian
> Heyworth CUSD #4

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School