[aisle] Book Recommendations needed "Fantasy but no magic"

Barb Miller bmiller at troy30c.org
Thu Oct 31 12:57:34 CDT 2019

http://www.yalsa.ala.org/thehub/2013/11/14/teens-top-ten-the-false-prince-readalikes/

This may be a good start.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*“What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels
about education.” ― Harold Howe*

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 12:49 PM Monica Fumarolo via AISLE <

> Hello all!
>
> I've got a 6th grader coming in daily who is a voracious reader, but
> extremely selective. She adores and has read everything by Jennifer
> Nielsen, particularly The False Prince series. She wants more of that, as
> she puts it "fantasy but no magic." Any ideas for middle school books that
> have kings, queens, and quests, but leave the magic behind?
>
> Any ideas appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Monica
>
> --
> Monica Fumarolo, MSLIS
> LLC Director, Librarian
> Yearbook Advisor
> McClure Junior High School
> 4225 Wolf Rd., Western Springs, IL 60558
>
> This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
> District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is
> intended to be for the use of the addressed individual or entity.  If you
> are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If
> you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by replying
> to the sender immediately.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

This electronic
message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use
of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,

printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete
this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.