[aisle] Book Recommendations needed "Fantasy but no magic"

Marsha Stewart mstewart at anconaschool.org
Thu Oct 31 13:01:10 CDT 2019

Try

 The Last Musketeer series by Stuart Gibbs

*The first book in the thrilling time travel adventure trilogy from New
York Times bestselling Spy School author Stuart Gibbs—now with a brand-new
look!*

Before they were legends, they were friends. All for one and one for all!

On a family trip to Paris, Greg Rich's parents disappear. They're not just
missing from the city—they're missing from the century. So, Greg does what
any other fourteen-year-old would do: He travels through time to rescue
them.

Greg soon finds out that his family history is tied to the legendary Three
Musketeers. But when he meets them, they're his age, and they'll only live
long enough to become true heroes if he can save them.

To rescue his parents, Greg must assume the identity of a young Musketeer
in training and unite Athos, Porthos, and Aramis—but a powerful enemy is
doing everything possible to stop him.

*And don't miss Traitor's Chase and Double Cross, the next two books in
Stuart Gibbs's thrilling Last Musketeer trilogy!*

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 12:49 PM Monica Fumarolo via AISLE <

> Hello all!
>
> I've got a 6th grader coming in daily who is a voracious reader, but
> extremely selective. She adores and has read everything by Jennifer
> Nielsen, particularly The False Prince series. She wants more of that, as
> she puts it "fantasy but no magic." Any ideas for middle school books that
> have kings, queens, and quests, but leave the magic behind?
>
> Any ideas appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Monica
>
> --
> Monica Fumarolo, MSLIS
> LLC Director, Librarian
> Yearbook Advisor
> McClure Junior High School
> 4225 Wolf Rd., Western Springs, IL 60558
>
> This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
> District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is
> intended to be for the use of the addressed individual or entity.  If you
> are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If
> you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by replying
> to the sender immediately.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

*Marsha Stewart*
*Librarian*

The Ancona School <http://www.anconaschool.org/>

4770 S. Dorchester Ave.

Chicago, IL 60615

mstewart at anconaschool.org <frede at anconaschool.org>

--

 <http://anconaschool.org>

4770 S. Dorchester • Chicago IL 60615
P:
773.924.2356 F: 773.924.8905
anconaschool.org <http://anconaschool.org>
<https://twitter.com/theanconaschool>
<https://www.facebook.com/The-Ancona-School-186226609670/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
information that is privileged or confidential. If you are the intended
recipient, please read and then delete this email and any attachments. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and any
attachments and notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this
email. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure,
error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions that arise as a result.​