[aisle] Book Recommendations

Walsh, Michelle mwalsh at d57.org
Thu Sep 12 09:29:11 CDT 2019

https://fab.lexile.com/book/details/9780312367541/-Wrinkle in Time

https://fab.lexile.com/book/details/9780440412670/-Where the Red Fern Grows

https://fab.lexile.com/book/details/9780547237657/-The Lemonade War

https://fab.lexile.com/book/details/9780689853548/-From the Mixed Up Files
of Mrs.Basil E. Frankweiler

Anne of Green Gables-Montgomery 690 Lexile

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:19 AM Stephanie Flott via AISLE <

> I have a parent who is concerned because her 3rd grade daughter has been
> told by her teacher that she can only read books with an AR level between 4
> and 5.9.  She is one of the youngest girls in her class, and her mother is
> concerned about her choosing books that are too mature for her.
>
> Do you have any recommendations of great books that she might enjoy
> reading that would be of appropriate content for an 8 year old, but have
> the required AR level?  She has really been enjoying Stella Batts, so she
> would prefer something similar to that.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Stephanie
>
> --
> *Stephanie Flott*
>
> Dwight Township High School            Dwight Grade School
> 801 S. Franklin St.                             801 S. Columbia St.
> Dwight, IL 60420                               Dwight, IL 60420
> 815-584-6293                                    815-584-6239

"Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?"
thedaringlibrarian.com

M.A. Educational Administration, Type 75
SLMS, Type 03 & Type 10
LRC Director, Lincoln Middle School

--
All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
Acceptable Use Policies of District 57, which may result in monitoring and