[aisle] HS F451 Readalikes

Lauren Ochs lochs at ms.k12.il.us
Thu Sep 12 13:20:57 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Our sophomores in Honors English read Fahrenheit 451 as a class. The teachers would like to add an independent reading, lit circle component with student-selected texts with similar themes. They talk about themes like dystopia, censorship, conformity, and technology when reading F451 and want some options that also cover these themes.

As I start sorting through what I already have on my shelves, I would love suggestions of titles you think would be great to add to the list of options. The don't all have to be YA. I feel like something similar has been on the listserv before, so I'm hoping someone has compiled a list to start from.

Thanks so much for your help!

Ms. Lauren B. Ochs
Mahomet-Seymour High School Library
lochs at mscusd.org<mailto:lochs at mscusd.org>

AISLE Board Member - Budget
boardbudget at aisled.org<mailto:boardbudget at aisled.org>

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.