[aisle] Fwd: Science Fair Research

Tedesco, Melissa tedescom at oths.us
Mon Sep 16 07:48:39 CDT 2019

Got (Chocolate) Milk?

I don't have any Science Fair research experience, but maybe this could work...

I recently saw an article about "Chocolate Milk" and Athletes and noted that it would be an interesting sample topic as it would allow students to see how newspapers and magazines popularize research and compare it to the original research article. To expand, students could also discuss funding of research and how the Got Milk? campaign used the research.

http://www.indiana.edu/~ccss/files/Documents/Chocolate%20Milk%20Study%20Paper.pdf
Chocolate Milk as a Post-Exercise Recovery Aid - indiana.edu<http://www.indiana.edu/~ccss/files/Documents/Chocolate%20Milk%20Study%20Paper.pdf>
Chocolate Milk as a Recovery Aid 79 over carbohydrate ingestion alone, although not all studies report similar results (5, 30, 34). Studies not showing a benefi t of protein ingestion on glycogen resynthesis
www.indiana.edu
There is also an interesting study on removing chocolate milk from school cafeterias.

[https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/corehtml/pmc/pmcgifs/pmc-logo-share.png]<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3989166/>
Chocolate Milk Consequences: A Pilot Study Evaluating the Consequences of Banning Chocolate Milk in School Cafeterias - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3989166/>
Study Design and Data. This pilot study took place in eleven elementary schools within a single Oregon school district. Total population in the district is roughly 157,000 adults and students, and 85% are Caucasian, 7.8% are of Hispanic or Latino origin, and 1.4% are African American.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Good luck!

Melissa Tedesco

O'Fallon Township High School

Milburn IMC C​oordinator & Information Literacy Instructor

(618) 622-9647 x 642      tedescom at oths.us<mailto:tedescom at oths.us>

Currently Reading:<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/3565170?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>

[Book Cover]<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/3565170?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>