[aisle] Read aloud

Robin Jacob robin.jacob at rondoutsd72.org
Tue Sep 17 11:15:51 CDT 2019

I would need more information about what specifically they can’t handle, but you could try increasing the time you read aloud slowly over time, having those specific students try listening to the audiobook through headphones at the same time as the class, or try having them do a visual story map if they need to use their hands while listening. (There are sample videos online for this – TedTalks are a good go-to) Hope that helps.

Mrs. Robin Jacob
Rondout School Librarian
847-362-2021 ext. 605

The Monarch Award: Illinois' K-3 Readers' Choice Award Reading Committee Member 2020-2022