[aisle] Diverse Picture Books

Huitron, Sofia huitron.sofia at ccsd59.org
Tue Sep 24 07:36:48 CDT 2019

Check out books by Duncan Tonatiuh, Separate is Never Equal is a great book
when teaching about civil rights. His newest book Soldier for Equality is a
good option for social studies too. He has many more.

-La frontera, my journey with papá by Deborah Mills (immigration)
-We are like the clouds by Jorge Argueta (immigration)

*Sofía Huitrón*
LRC Director, Grove Junior High School
847-472-3022 | huitron.sofia at ccsd59.org
grove.ccsd59.org/lrc
<http://grove.ccsd59.org/about/learning-resource-center/>

*"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our
youth for the future." - Franklin D. Roosevelt*

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 4:40 PM Andrea Perrin via AISLE <