[aisle] New York Times access

Carol Naughton cnaughton at d94.org
Tue Apr 7 10:11:04 CDT 2020

I cut and pasted this from the email I received. You will need to upload
the email addresses of those you wish to have access. The limit is 2000
emails. I am trying to figure out how to get it to only those
students/teachers who need it without making myself crazy.

Register your school now.

YorkTimes and Verizon are working together to provide all high schools in
the U.S. with full, remote digital access to The Times until July 6.

We understand that the need for deeply reported, independent journalism is
more important than ever for all readers, including students. This expanded
off-site access will supplement your current group subscription which
provides only on-campus access.

Your staff and high school students age 13+ (with proper consent for
students under 16 in states that require it) can have unlimited access to
nytimes.com from any location, once an administrator from your school
registers for the program. To get started, register your school at
nytimes.com/highschoolaccess
<http://www2.nytimesgroupsubscriptions.com/e/146041/initiative-highschoolaccess/2d38lq/184149375?h=7RU-Bo32knUQyakfKkLU5-vDke5OuSx0vdcw0j0UTuM>
.

Points to consider for registration:
-An authorized signatory can register all eligible students in a school or
a classroom.
-Students are registered by having a school administrator upload their
email address.

Once the school’s new account is activated, each teacher or student you’ve
invited to participate will receive an email prompting them to activate an
individual account.

Please review the FAQs here
<http://www2.nytimesgroupsubscriptions.com/e/146041/initiative-highschoolaccess/2d38lq/184149375?h=7RU-Bo32knUQyakfKkLU5-vDke5OuSx0vdcw0j0UTuM>
or
reach out to edu at nytimes.com with any questions.

Sincerely,

The New York Times Education Team
*Carol Naughton*
*LRC Director, Community High School*

630-876-640 <630-876-6404>0 | cnaughton at d94.org <dleahy at d94.org>

http://www.wegolrc.org/

[image: 40364332]Inheritance by Dani Shapiro

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 9:51 AM Judy Oakley via AISLE <

> I am librarian at a Private high school in Quincy, IL. Is there free
> access to all schools to the New York Times for my teachers and students?
> If so, how do I get this for them?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Judy Oakley
> Quincy Notre Dame High School
> Joakley at quincynotredame.org
>

> Sent from my iPad
> --
> *This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are strictly privileged and
> confidential, intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you
> are not the intended recipient or responsible for delivering this e-mail
> the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
> copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this e-mail in error, please delete it immediately from your
> system, and notify me of this error by emailing me at
> *qndmail at quincynotredame.org <mailto:qndmail at quincynotredame.org>.*** While
>
> Quincy Notre Dame High School (QND) and the Quincy Notre Dame Foundation
> make every effort to ensure sent emails are safe and free from viruses, we
> cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by content or
> attachments.
> The user assumes all responsibility for any loss or damage resulting
> directly or indirectly from the use of this email and any attached files.*

*This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq).  It may contain information that is
confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail, permanently remove this message and any attachments
thereto from your system, and destroy any hard copies thereof; do not
disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information
contained in this message or any attachments.  If you have any doubt as to
the authenticity of this message or any attachment thereto, please contact
the sender immediately.  Any copying, disclosure, distribution or other
action taken or omitted to be taken with respect to an erroneously received
or inauthentic message or attachment is prohibited. Communications sent or
received by Community High School District 94 may be subject to inspection,
copying, and disclosure under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA).*