[aisle] RAILS 3D Printing for the Health Field & Libraries Info Follow Up

Dan Bostrom dan.bostrom at railslibraries.info
Fri Apr 10 17:02:06 CDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Based on the conversation at our 3D Printing for the Health Field & Libraries webinar this week, RAILS has created the following spreadsheet to gather and organize information for libraries interested in using their machinery and staff time for making PPE in Illinois. The goal of the sheet is to provide a jumping off point for libraries doing printing, facilities that can accept donated materials, usable files and more. Check back often to see what new information arrives as people fill out the sheet.

If your library would be interested in acting as a drop off point for other libraries who may not be able to make it directly to a healthcare facility listed, we'd love to work with you as well.  RAILS territory spans a wide area, so if you can act as a location for collection, please consider adding your information to the last tab of the sheet.

RAILS Libraries: 3D Printing for the Health Field<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TkTHFRBMo7h5yledIns0vMF4pReexkolQ8FPn9V69kA/edit?usp=sharing>

Directions (by Tab):

  *   Libraries- Add your information about what and how much you are able to print
  *   Health Care Facility- Know of a healthcare facility near you that is accepting 3D printed materials? Please help share that info here.
  *   Download Files- If you have reliable files you've used, please share that info here along with as many specifics as possible.
  *   Drop Off Location- If your library can act as a collection site for drop off materials, please fill in that information here.
If you have any questions about this sheet, please reach out to me directly. My contact information is below. Thanks!

Dan

Dan Bostrom
Member Engagement Manager
Reaching Across Illinois Library System