[aisle] Fwd: ALA Advocacy Alert: Email Your Representative Now for Library Funding

Lou Ann Jacobs louajcbs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:32:10 CDT 2020

Please contact your Congressman now to support library funding.

Lou Ann Jacobs
AISLE Legislative Advocacy
legislation at aisled.org

<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=507416&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxjWU7Qil_ex2pG-PRv1Kq-U1IAF1bSyZkZcRwyqMfIZY0h1qqfUlL4ldhyy30CgWxZIjIWUGwsCcLo-yEkEXrZECzWSaHtoxIfAFJ9x_aWwc&lp=0>

Advocacy Alert: Your Representative Needs to Hear from You

Dear Lou Ann,

We are almost out of time to gather support in the House for emergency
relief funding for libraries, and we need your help to remind your
Representative how important America's libraries are. *Take a moment to
email your Representative and ask them to sign in support of emergency
library funding
<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/thru?ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAx9xObZVfW7jn8AeVJJtP1Rg5f3KII4-DqemO-16ETazqAsImQ4wZvi7trTFgeYMY3BZCY9JW6vwUJuq441dq7xgGU7vuBvksmX-6tpN_GZeQZUCMz15RvwC9pYuEVRkws4LVOLi5a4v2b675jx4tYEw&lp=0>.
<https://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=507416&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAx3AJmpoCtWrclbwxaa7po_mlnJYZm_9i6SsMh6-xyMU5hxvYCf9pmmcWq_MnE9G7a1oXefqI0FFOi_7ZbTzKqN92otNdRNdQ8FqAZsbx5dCo&lp=0>*

Right now three Representatives - Reps. Andy Levin (D-MI), Don Young
(R-AK), and Raúl Grijalva (D-AZ) - are circulating a Dear Colleague letter
calling for $2 billion in emergency recovery funding for America's
libraries through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). This
funding would be available through the Library Services and Technology Act
(LSTA) Grants to States program.

The House has set extremely short deadlines for these letters, and we're
almost out of time for Members to sign. They need to hear from you
*today*. *Will
you stand with libraries and urge your Representative to sign?*
<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=507416&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxjSm-sP-y-C-5mporNXRrmiyN4pfROCFPqZKn-2FpFbvvSd3pfqJbfPRqhHkIQXSv1E0a6QRgCp8xyslYP7OCKp2u9Uu8jfnnles7lrQHO9A&lp=0>

Your advocacy secured emergency funding for libraries in the CARES Act
<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/thru?ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxL5CkgugrSCePa054KJciXGDtYycUHgtIfC03NExbS9p1kzt8tgVT6UUZ6dlERm8LV9A0lRYTIa44CpiWdbzsBwsWD6hpVdCT6EY9ixB9_4Gr2kU4jfJKjU3I0RZ2_qLQBchY4uj8hTMc_kzmFuE4OuwCbp3Itba96Xkv2k_mo29fGREeJlS55-jinNG4h32_kqq9gP2WermsM84lkPopkICA8yAZOPK0DG7dePJ-UV1ILU7VJhnsodA80B1XFCH7&lp=0>.
Without your support, we would not have achieved this level of critical
funding. Please help us to keep pushing by *emailing your Rep and ask them
to sign on.
<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=507416&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxMqWMUUSxJsOPLGr3pEVhKTxFw-VOPLOHMoOtx2Vs7Ij2oC7FCOUKkRXZRzuHToDUnCzkjPXmLGy6ur2kCHODkMCvjKxHMDmURIcJ3Hi00qE&lp=0>*

As we continue to monitor Congressional action on emergency library
funding, we will keep you updated. A Senate version of this letter is
forthcoming.

Thank you for your hard work,
ALA's Public Policy & Advocacy Team

*PS - If you can, take the extra step and post on social media! Use the
language below and be sure to tag your representative: [@ Your Rep] U.S.
Libraries employ ~370,000 workers & purchase $4bil in materials yearly. Our
libraries must be included in COVID19 relief legislation. As a constituent
I urge you to sign @RepAndyLevin, @DonYoungAK & @RepRaulGrijalva's letter
calling for emergency library funding.*

*Contact Us*
ALA Public Policy & Advocacy Office
1615 New Hampshire Ave NW, 1st Floor
Washington, D.C. 20009-2520
Phone: (202) 628-8410 *Subscribe*
Ready to take action?
Subscribe to our Action Center.
<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/thru?ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxk1_iLsEZglnUOj44SZ5J_DgEUyypmFrVYywvjp3mT9xbieoQgdMx4kBGOhQZmD7HQ9oiOo1KfNT0oT2n0vkW3wS0gB3-_Gwqb_1YKmOIkyviQeqnYP_fZglrfgL8Ii87i09IGWAnGmIAEXvphfZoEQ&lp=0>
ALA Public Policy & Advocacy Office.

Unsubscribe
<http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/subscriptions?r=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxf0vtvKDQ8NfXMTUSny20JP4k3Y3LZXhPaSXJ-TrDiQo>

[image: Powered by CQRC Engage]