[aisle] LBSS Endowment Fund Read for Information Grant canceled for 2020-2021 school year

LBSS AISLE lbss at aisled.org
Fri Apr 17 16:22:52 CDT 2020

After consideration and discussion, the LBSS Endowment Fund has decided to
not offer the usual Read for Information grant for the 2020-2021 school
year.  Grant deadlines mean that school librarians need to work with their
colleagues in one school year to be ready to use grant-provided materials
in the following school year; with today’s announcement about Illinois
schools being closed through the end of the school year, this collaboration
just isn’t possible.  And all educators are dealing with countless
stressors as they work to keep students learning and their own families
safe and healthy.

While we regret not being able to offer the Read for Information grant for
the next school year, we are working on a new grant offering and expect to
have details available in the fall.

 Chris Graves, Chair, LBSS Endowment Fund