[aisle] Book drop

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Sun Apr 19 16:12:49 CDT 2020

I bought my very large mailbox for home use at Lowe's.  Love it.

My school is planning to do a "drive up" return of Chromebooks and library
materials.  Tables will be set at the curb on a sunny day and people will
make returns.  The IT guy and I will take turns retrieving things from the
tables. (gloves & masks)  I will set up a "quarantined books" area in the
library. The books will sit on tables for 3 days, then covers will be wiped
down and dried. Another day or two for drying, then I will shelve.

I will also have a return box at the library door so that teachers &
janitors who find books in desks and lockers can return them to the library.

It's going to be interesting!

Michelle Harris
Heyworth CUSD #4

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 2:22 PM Kathy Wickline via AISLE <

> Does anyone have a suggestion where to buy a large mailbox to use as a
> book drop? Any suggestions on what to use for this purpose to get all those
> books quarantined for awhile?
>
> --
> Kathy Wickline
> Unity Junior High Librarian