[aisle] End of year collection - high school

Michelle Harris harrism at husd4.org
Tue Apr 21 16:03:45 CDT 2020

We are doing a drive-up collection point of tables at the curbside (yes,
we'll be coordinating with the weather), over several days to avoid traffic
jams.  We are also being very organized behind the scenes so that we can
efficiently check in items and move them to carts or tables or the library
within the school so that everything can undergo a 72-hour quarantine. We
are also working hard to have class checklists and library reports ready to
mark off items returned. Sharpies and masking tape for attaching any
messages to Chromebooks.

Finally, we are being VERY CLEAR about how we want students to label the
Chromebooks (full name, grad year, note any repairs needed, power cord
included, etc.) so that folks don't just dump and run.  They can print our
label or write it out by hand, but every Chromebook should have a label and
a cord.

For library books, I have also been in contact with staff and janitors who
will be packing up classrooms and lockers to let them know exactly WHERE to
return library materials that they find. After we check everything in and
run the reports, we'll make phonecalls to students to see if anyone still
has items with them at home.

It's a challenge, but we're feeling optimistic!

Michelle Harris
Heyworth CUSD #4

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 3:10 PM Angela Pigoni via AISLE <

> Good afternoon,
> I am hoping to gather some ideas from the experts regarding ideas or plans
> your schools have for collecting devices, textbooks, and library books. I
> am at a high school of 2200 students, most of whom have a few textbooks and
> potentially a Chromebook, WiFi Hotspot, and/or library books checked out.
> We are discussing how to collect materials, mainly from seniors or students
> who are moving out of district, at the end of this school year. My only
> idea so far is to have a drive-up collection in the parking lot. I would
> love to hear any ideas or plans you have!
> Thank you!
>
> *Angela Pigoni*
> LLC Director
> Wheaton North High School <http://www.cusd200.org/Domain/112>
>

> This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
> information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
> any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
> immediately delete this message and any attachments.
>

> *Disclaimer*

> authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
> be unlawful.
>
> This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
> automatically archived by *Mimecast Ltd*, an innovator in Software as a
> Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a *safer* and *more useful* place
> for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
> compliance. To find out more Click Here
> <http://www.mimecast.com/products/>.

Michelle Harris
District Librarian