[aisle] Contract and Stipend information

Neha Thakkar nehathakkar114 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:53:04 CDT 2020

Good point! I’m part of the tech team and we implemented PowerSchool EC-8.
Along with regular database management for library and beyond. I also teach
an additional 12 computer classes and support roll out, troubleshooting,
etc. day to day. Along with all that, I also babystepped JK-2 onto
eLearning using both PS and Google Classrom. Setting up platforms,
individual Zooms/Meets to walk them through and support every day/night as
needed. I just think that some kind of compensation is needed or at least
needs to be outlined so it can be referred to next year (as I’m sure it’ll
have grown and may be more of a budget need?). I hope this makes sense :)

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:45 AM Mariela Siegert via AISLE <

> What kind of tech work are you talking about exactly?
> That might help us answer.
>

> [image: photo]
> *Mariela Martinez Siegert*
> School Librarian, Westfield Middle School
>
> marris116 at gmail.com
>
> Adjunct Faculty, SOIS at Dominican University
> RCYRBA Board Member | ALA GNCRT Eisner Grant Chair
> Currently listening to "Three Things I Know Are True" by Betty Culley
> <https://twitter.com/marris116>
> <https://instagram.com/msiegert_wfms_library>
> Create your own WiseStamp email signature
> <https://www.wisestamp.com/signature-in-email/?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=create_your_own&srcid=6408078777647104>
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:36 AM library marian via AISLE <
>
>> I help with tech - I do not receive a stipend.  It seems to be very
>> common for librarians to help with tech in today's world.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:28 AM Neha Thakkar via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> Even with all this going on, we are still getting contracts and having
>>> discussions around budgets, etc. I am hoping to convince my admin that I
>>> need a stipend or other compensation for the addition of tech work. Do any
>>> of you get a stipend for this? If you feel comfortable, I really need some
>>> specific numbers (so I know what to ask for and have some research to back
>>> it up), please email me off list: nehathakkar114 at gmail.com. If you have
>>> negotiated flex time, work from home, other scheduling changes, etc, or
>>> anything else that I may not have thought of, please reach out! =)
>>>
>>> Thank you all! Stay healthy =)
>>>
>>> Neha Thakkar
>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>

>> --
>>
>> *Karen Varga*
>> *Librarian,** Marian Central Catholic H. S.*
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

Thanks!
Neha Thakkar